Painting and Drawing insects is a big unit of work that has been written for older students (perhaps age 14/15) who are embarking on an independent course of study. Ideal for Year 10 in the UK or choice based courses where students need some structure but then become more independent. Made for students working in sketchbooks and designed to take at least half a year of lessons to complete. It is very adaptable as you could spend longer or shorter period of time on different stages e.g. drawing, painting, development, etc. This download includes:
- A 15 slide PowerPoint to introduce students to different aspects of the unit. This includes good examples for:
- A title page
- How to present images
- A good example of insect drawings
- An awesome charcoal spider and associated spider images
- Beautiful insect wings drawn in different media
- A good example of composition pages.
- A four-page written unit of work which describes the stages students go through. Full of helpful tips and how to manage homework. This download does not include individual lesson plans.
- How to watercolour a bee which can be bought separately here.
- 2 Beetles Resource Sheets
- 1 Insects resource sheet
Painting and Drawing Insects is just one of many units of work on The Arty Teacher.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.