A complete unit of work that explores mark making and portrait drawing. The unit includes:
- A stage-by-stage detailed unit of work.*
- Learning about the proportions of the face.
- Practising drawing features of the face.
- Looking at artists who have used mark making in their work, either through a short video or using the Van Gogh drawing examples.
- Practising mark making with a range of media, with a good example.
- Drawing a portrait of a celebrity** and applying effective mark making.
- Good examples of student mark making portraits by students aged 11/12 years.
- Lots of homework ideas.
- An assessment rubric specific to this unit.
*This unit of work does not include individual lesson plans.
**This could be changed to drawing a portrait of themselves, family member or friend.