A complete unit of work that explores mark-making and portrait drawing. The unit includes:
- A stage-by-stage detailed unit of work.*
- Learning about the proportions of the face.
- Practicing drawing features of the face.
- Practicing mark-making with a range of media, with a good example.
- Drawing a portrait of a celebrity** and applying effective mark making.
- Good examples of student mark-making portraits by students aged 11/12 years.
- Lots of homework ideas.
- An assessment rubric specific to this unit.
*This unit of work does not include individual lesson plans.
**This could be changed to drawing a portrait of themselves, family member or friend.
There are many more portrait art resources on The Arty Teacher website.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.