This comprehensive drawing and lino printing project includes:
- A detailed scheme of work (five and a half pages) including additional homework ideas.
- A PowerPoint with:
- Introduction including what star anise are.
- Beautiful high-resolution images of star anise
- Good examples of three different types of drawings
- Example title pages
- Good examples of finished prints
- Examples of textured paper including an explanation of real and implied texture
- Stage by stage pictures of how to cut out the lino into a shape
- Examples of bad, good and excellent lino prints (AFL activity)
- An explanation of color reduction lino printing
- A lino self-assessment worksheet and lesson plan.
This for me has filled sixteen 50-minute lessons. Drawing was completed in class and setting some of the drawing as homework would shorten the project. This download does not include individual lesson plans, but the unit of work is very detailed. It does not make links to an artist but within the unit there is a suggested homework of researching a lino printing artist and there are 6 suggested artists. This project suggests that students photograph star anise. High resolution images are also included in case you don’t have access to cameras.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.