This complete paper sculpture, recycling project will really have your students engaged. Students will research the artist Carrie Ann Schumacher, creating a research page on her work in their sketchbook and also research different leaf shapes to influence their work. They will create two designs in their sketchbook, the best of which they will make into a paper sculpted costume. The unit of work is broken down into stages rather than lessons as different students in different schools work at such different paces!
This unit of work includes:
- Stage by stage instructions.
- A template for the costume shape
- Good Examples of costumes
- Good and bad examples of leaf research pages
- A template for designs in sketchbooks
- Two sorts of self-assessment
With this resource, you need to download my free Carrie Ann Schumacher presentation which can be found here.