This comprehensive ammonite collagraph printing project asks students to:
- Research the artist Glen Alps who is the artist credited with inventing collagraphy.
- Create a collagraph inspired by an ammonite.
- Print the collagraph.
- Work into a ghost print with different media.
This download includes:
- A 17 slide PowerPoint that includes step-by-step images and advice on how to create a collagraph. If you have never created a collagraph before, all the stages and clear pictures are here to guide you through the process.
- 3 Ammonite Images and 3 other fossil images for students to work from. You decide if you want students to create an ammonite collagraph or if you want to make other fossil images available.
- A 4 page written unit of work that includes the stages to complete the project. It is packed full of advice and tips, and also homework ideas.
The main materials required are card, paper, glue, printing paraphernalia and a printing press. I used water-based printing inks.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.